SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
Makes 1 8-inch square or 1 8-inch round
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pint sour cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with Pam.
2. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
3. Cream butter with sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until smooth. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add, alternately, the dry ingredients and sour cream.
5. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Spoon half of the chocolate chip mixture over the top. Gently spoon remaining batter over top and spread evenly. Spoon remaining chocolate chip mixture over top. Bake about 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
You can follow the above instructions and bake in cupcake tins (18-20 minutes).