GRILLED PINEAPPLE AND BANANA WITH HONEY LIME SAUCE
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
5 half inch thick pineapple rounds, cored
2 medium bananas
1. Place butter, honey, brown sugar and lime juice in small saucepan. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into honey mixture. Add vanilla bean to honey mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until smooth. This can be made 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Remove vanilla bean before rewarming and serving.
2. Preheat grill to medium high. Brush both sides of pineapple ring with some sauce. Grill 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate; cut into ½ inch cubes and place in a large bowl, leaving juices behind. Mix remaining sauce into pineapple. Cut bananas into ½ inch chunks and fold into pineapple mixture.
2 cups blueberries, washed, drained and dried
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup butter
½ cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter
1. Spray an 8 by 8-inch pan with Pam. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Beat in egg.
SHOTS OF CHILLED CANTALOUPE AND TOMATO SOUP
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 large ripe yellow tomatoes, about 1 pound
1 ripe cantaloupe
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lime juice
freshly ground black pepper
8 mint leaves, cut in chiffonade for garnish
1. Sweat onions over low heat in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop 2 tomatoes and add to onion to warm slightly.
2. Coarsely dice cantaloupe. Place tomato mixture and some of diced cantaloupe in blender and puree, adding more cantaloupe until mixture has the consistency of pureed soup, adding water if necessary. Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and lime juice and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and chill well.
3. Finely chop remaining tomato and chiffonade the mint leaves. Garnish each shot glass with tomatoes and mint.